I'm passionate about operating growing companies, the 'professionalisation' of start-ups, and encouraging real conversations what's really going on in our companies.
I'm a new San Franciscan, long-time ATLien, medium-term Bostonian, and on-and-off New Yorker. You can generally find me tackling my restaurant list, teaching Pilates, and learning the complex recycliing rules on the West coast.
Consulting in the Digital practice @ Bain & Company: Supporting clients from strategy to implementation
Supporting entrepreneurs: Drop-in support for operations, strategy, business and financial planning for start-ups and growing businesses (interested in learning more? Reach out!)
- Story-catching @ The Human Side of Scale: Working with Jess Goldfin to shine a light on the reality of what actually happens when a startup scales — beyond the metrics to the real experiences. We think people working in the startup community deserve better language and better tools to navigate growth, and are learning from their stories.
What I've worked on
- Operations @ Lola Travel: Helping to build a service team to scale for a new app (led by the Kayak founding team) providing on-demand, personalized travel services
- Internal Tech @ Birchbox: Preparing internal tech/ops for the launch of brick-and-mortar retail
- Operations & Marketing @ CodeGuard
- Analytics @ City of Atlanta
- Supply Chain @ UPS
kcyoung1 [at] gmail [dot] com